Stilettos and Sneakers always likes to share tips on leadership to advance the empowerment of women. Sharing the leadership skills needed to tackle difficult, complex problems, Harvard Business School Professor and the Director of Harvard University’s Advanced Leadership Initiative, Rosabeth Moss Kanter shared:
- Think outside the building or your organization
- Dream bigger than you are
- Takes a cross-sector, multi-stakeholder coalition
- Everything can look like a failure in the middle
- Optimism in activism: doing is what gives people hope
- Radical thing to do is introduce people to each other
My favorite is “Everything can look like a failure in the middle” because the feelings of failure and how you cope are the mission of Stilettos and Sneakers.